woensdag 26 januari 2011

Army hero puts his Military Cross on eBay.


Summery
A former soldier who earned the military cross has put his reward on eBay. Ranger Alan Owens served in the Royal Irish Regiment in March 2009 and lives at from Portadown, Co Armagh. He received this cross because "a level of empathy with the local population which no amount of fighting could establish". The bid started at £25,000 and had the options of “buy it now” priced at £100,000.
The response of a Ministry of Defence spokesman: "The Military Cross has been awarded to him and he is free to do with it as he wishes,"

Opinion
If I had been awarded with a military cross, I would not sell it. I presume, I would be extremely proud of it. However, you do not know what kind of situation he is in. For all we know, he could be selling his cross to put his children through college. That is why, I believe, it is very difficult to have an opinion about this subject.

Link

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten