woensdag 26 januari 2011

Anti-Islam US pastor is banned from Britain


Summery
The controversial American preacher Terry Jones has been banned from Britain. The England is Ours organization, who has connections to the anti-Islamic British National Party invited Terry Jones to speak to their members. The home secretary stated that the government is opposed to all extremism in all forms and that Mr. Jones is a potential threat to public order. Preacher Terry Jones responded by saying that refusing him entry to the UK was a blow to free speech.
Preacher Terry Jones, has gained international fame by planning to burn a Koran, on what he is calling “the international burn a Koran day”.

Opinion
I am opposed to the idea of burning a Koran. It only strengthens polarization and that is never good. On the other hand, there is freedom of speech, and that is why I believe the UK government should not refuse and ban, Preacher Terry Jones from the UK. I do not agree with his ideas but I think he should be able to convey his message to people who do agree with him. The same thing happened with Geert Wilders, who also was refused entry in the UK on the same grounds. I believe that people should only be refused if they encourage violence.

Link

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten